We are supposed to be closing on our house this week. At this point I don't think that it will happen. The bank still has not sent the official letter accepting the short sale of the property we are trying to buy. They have approved the offer... our appraisal came out great... and still no letter. Once this elusive letter is received then we have to have a full home inspection... our loan docs are waiting. They are done. Just waiting for the bank negotiator to stop stalling and freaking send the letter.
In the meantime, we are at the end of our lease. The landlord wants to know what our plans are. Are we moving? Do we want to extend the lease? He wants to start showing the house to new potential renters. I am putting him off for now... but I don't know how much longer.
So if the bank comes back and wants to get the full value of the appraisal ($15K higher then the approved offer) then we are walking. So then do we look for another home to buy? Do we find another home to rent? What do we do?!?
I'm a NOT a fan of the land of LIMBO. I hate this rental house (due to two stories) but finding a single story rental in our price range is not an easy task.
Please bank-negotiator... make up your mind!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I've heard short sales can be the pits. Our neighbor is in almost the exact same predicament as you, only her landlord is being pretty flexible, so that helps.
Good luck! Hope it all works out for you soon. Limboland is no fun at all!
Post a Comment