Friday, June 11, 2010

Step 81: Rub you tummy, pat your head and oh yeah... ONE MORE THING....

Lance and I have been blessed to own two homes during our eight years together.
We are embarking once again in home ownership here in the desert wasteland that is Las Vegas. We have been searching, bidding and re-searching for over two months now.
We found a HOME.
The loan process this time has been HELL. Not due to our finances or our credit... just due to the banks basically wanting so much documentation of everything since they are still stinging from all the mass foreclosures that is the market right now. Just when I think I have supplied them with EVERYTHING including our blood types (j/k) ... they come back and ask for MORE! Today they asked for a copy of the cancelled check from the Earnest money and a letter stating why IB Roof Systems is named L.J. Stanley and Assoc. (that is Lance's dad's name). I sent that. Then they called and wanted to prove that Lance wasn't the "hidden" owner of L.J. Stanley and Assoc.... WHAT?!? Lance's middle name is WAYNE... not a J name. They didn't care... too close. "Send your complete returns for 2008 and 2009 and a letter from L.J. Stanley and Assoc dba IB Roof Systems stating that Lance is not an owner or stock holder and has never been..."
I FLIPPED MY LID!!!!!
This is a sore subject in our home.
Lance is the oldest of five sons. The other four all own (along with their parents) I B Roof. He is not an owner... basically to become an owner the other parties involved have to be willing to give up some of their 'shares' of the company and give them to Lance. I think one was willing to... the others refused. So Lance is not an owner and probably NEVER will be. My attitude came pouring out at the poor loan processor. (I apologized right afterward.) I had to go to the head of HR (again) and ask for a letter stating that Lance has never owned and does not own L.J. Stanley and Assoc. I had to have her include that he was hired on a certain date as JUST an employee and still is JUST an employee of the corporation. This stung... I felt bad for Lance... more salt in a festering wound. We got it done and faxed again...
So Monday we'll see what else they are going to want to bleed out of this dried up rock.
I feel like I am rubbing my tummy, patting my head and jumping up and down all at the same time and then the bank keeps saying, "Oh yeah... one more thing."
.
.
Oregon countdown: 12 super HOT days.

No comments: