Friday, May 21, 2010

Step 72: Watch out for the desert psycho... he drives a gold GMC Yukon!

My children's school has three lanes of traffic. One is the "keep driving" lane. The middle is the "pull into to drop off or pick up kiddos" lane. The third is the inside lane and you can park there for pick up and drop off. Most park there and LEAVE their vehicles.
I'm waiting in the second lane... truck still running. Waiting for the gates to open today so that Fan-C can go to school. I'm not in the "keep driving" lane, I'm not parked and getting out of my rig so I don't go to the inside lane... I'm sitting and waiting with about 50 other cars and trucks.
Cue Mr. GMC Yukon to come into the lanes. He whips his truck into a spot behind me and lets his kids out. We are all clearly waiting for the gates to open. NO CARS are moving except in the "keep driving" lane. He then looks up and starts honking and flippin' fingers and getting really pissed off. So I put my truck in drive and move up a full truck length so that he can get his truck out. He then slams on the gas and comes to a screeching halt next to my truck and rolls down his window and starts yelling and cussing at me IN FRONT of my kids. He can SEE my girls in the truck.
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, Stephie J reared up her head. I wrote down his plate number and the truck info. Not that I can do anything with it. I so would have let loose on this man ...
What gives YOU the right to try to fit a GMC Yukon in a space fit for the size of a VW bug and then scream at everyone else around you for your own stupidity?!?
What gives you the right to speak to ME like I am some piece of garbage on the side of the road?!?
What gives you the right to act like a freakin' psycho in front of my children?!?
This really upset Fan-C. She kept asking me if he was going to come back and crash into us. That is ridiculous. My daughters shouldn't have to be worried that GMC psycho boy is going to hurt them...
I pray that I don't see his truck again... for ALL of our sakes.
I'm grateful I had my girls in the truck... I probably would have given chase if I were alone. It could have ended really badly ~~~ for HIM!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see that far too much out here too. I think the heat gets to their heads and they can't think streight. still no excuse though.

Unknown said...

Steph...you need to report him to the school. It probably won't be the first complaint, but you should give them a description, plate # etc. They may know who he is and be able to talk to him or report him.