Here are five things I LOVE about Vegas.
(yes, I did have to choke the L-word to get it out but, it's out.)
1. In-N-Out Burger... never had it before Vegas. Their double-double animal style is soooo good. All the hype I heard about it was validated...
2. I don't have to keep track of the kid's coats. In fact, I don't know where Tiny-T's coat is at all. She has never had to wear it since we left Oregon. Maybe we'll find it when we are moving to our home.
3. I live less than two miles from a Super-Walmart, Target and a Costco with gas station. I love being so close to these three stores. I'm moving to a location that will be closer to Target but about seven miles from the Walmart and Costco... for now I love it!
4. My light bill is soooooo low. Our home requires no lights until after eight o'clock... the sun is up everyday and shining without being inhibited by clouds. (see how I put a twist on that to make it a GOOD thing... I'm trying...)
5. The school district here has school EVERYDAY. Our Springfield school district had at LEAST every other Friday off and many attached to a Monday off too. The kids have been in school five days a week for over a month and the only day they will be getting off before school gets out for summer is Memorial day. Just Monday. Springfield will be having the Friday before too.... I do love not having to find ways to entertain them on so many non-school days. Maybe that makes me sound like a bad mom...
.
Okay, so there is my five for today.
I'm finding the joy in the journey through the desert.

3 comments:
There ya go, Steph. Good job! It's hard, but it helps to see the good things about other places, too.
Oregon is where my heart is, too, but I haven't been able to live there since 1994, and I've realized that I can love another place and still be a true Oregonian. I think looking at all the good things instead of the bad helps a lot on the journey to contentment.
It is hard to leave somwehere you called home for so long, But I applaud you for making the best of it.
Way to be positive! Sounds like you guys are adjusting well. And you don't sound like a bad mom with the non-school days thing - I'm TOTALLY with you on that!
Post a Comment