Thursday, May 13, 2010

Step 68: Take time to Primp... (just a bit)


I have made a friend here in the desert, Chris.


She is my neighbor across the street.


She is also in our ward and was one of the only women to greet me and welcome me.


She is my age and is funny. She is in the RS presidency and in charge of RS midweek activities.


Last night was Enrichment (or whatever they are calling them this week).


I wanted to support her in her calling.


I was NOT looking forward to seeing all the lovely ladies that witnessed my big reveal last Sunday.


I went anyway.


Hardly any women came at all.


It was a combined activity with the young women. They came out... but hardly any sisters.


I then walked in the back and planned to stay for the lesson... I made my appearance and then slip out.


Chris's sister brought two daughters and everyone needed a partner.


So one of them asked me to come and be her partner.


I went and sat with them.


Those girls were hilarious and made the evening so enjoyable and it went really fast.


I stayed the whole time.


We had a 'spa night'.


Manicures for each other.

Obviously not mine.. :o)

I don't usually let people mess with my "man hands" and scraggly nails.


But I relaxed and enjoyed it.


The sisters who were there (most) took time to introduce themselves to me.


I was relaxed... they all remembered my name. (this made me laugh inside)


I guess I made a big splash in my debut of speaking up in this ward.


It was a great night and it was nice to take time to primp... (just a bit).

I think today, I'll tackle my eyebrows... they are a MESS.

1 comment:

Terase said...

You know these people are probably just not used to someone as open and dynamic as you! You will get them whipped into shape in no time!

Love you!!!