Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Step 88: I'm BAAAAACK!

Back to steppin' once again.
Two months of silence... TWO MONTHS!
Wow!
Can't believe I made it that long... (not by choice)
We left Las Vegas two months ago and have been searching for a house and then going through house buying heck to finally get to this place.
A home with MY things in it. ALL OF THEM.
With our computer back up and running...
We are HOME!
Texas... has been HOT and HUMID.
Yes, I am resolved to the fact that I will never again get to enjoy the summer months. The temps are beyond enduring and when I can finally attempt to be outside then I am being attacked by the mosquitoes... like SWARMS of them. The Tank looked like a leper patient. He had so many bites (huge bites) all over his brown body. I've taken out some stock in Calamine Lotion. We are now buying it by the gallons.
We are now entering the 'cooling period'. It's only in the 80's in October! Not as much humidity and it actually FINALLY cools down at night. The kiddos have to wear a light jacket to school in the morning ~ while still sportin' their shorts.
It is strange being over 2200 miles from 'HOME'.
Strange to see updates on FB where our family is getting together for barbecues, Girl's Night Out and other traditions that either I started or we participated in. I'm so happy they are continuing and still bonding as family... but I sooooo wanna be there with them.
So what does Texas hold for us? (get it... Texas Hold'em...awwww never mind.)
Well, I don't know.
A job for Lance. A home for us to LIVE. School for the kiddos. Beyond that we will find out...
For now, I'm back. Taking the next steps on my path. But, my path keeps getting longer. I started out so close to Hawaii... now I've added 2200 more miles to the journey. See, I told you I was afraid to fly over the ocean... ;o)

No comments: