Monday, August 2, 2010

Step 87: TRUST

Our life has been a circus since last November. We packed up our home and began six months of staging to sell our home. Then Lance was given a transfer to Las Vegas and our home sold the same day he signed IB's proposal. So a week later we were packed and on our way to Las Vegas. No home... nothing. A week in a motel with three confused ducklings and finally a miracle blessing of a rental. A rental that would except a short - term (3 months) lease. Of course we thought we needed the short term lease because we were going to secure a new home immediately and get on with our new life in Vegas. Not in the cards. We struggled through house deal after house deal. I think I wrote at least 8 different earnest money checks trying to get a house deal to work out. Lots of frustration, tears, confusion...
We left for Oregon in June for a planned reunion trip ~ still WAITING to hear on a house we were working on for months. We had already sunk a lot of money into it too. *sigh* That week we found out the investor decided to demand an additional $50K on the deal or he was not going to sell it to us. (although we were already in a contract) We tearfully walked away. Bye bye dream kitchen, bye bye MONEY (for appraisal and other expenses), bye bye my sanity.
We came back to Vegas determined to find another property... but the pickings were slim. We found another great property and went to put in our offer and (you guessed it) it SOLD just before our deal came in. (This happened a half a dozen times to us.) Then we finally found another. Not a dream home, but nice and at this point.... I didn't care anymore. About an hour before I was authorizing another appraisal and home inspections to be done... a cost of over a $1000, I get a call. Lance is being transferred again. Oh, I was in Oregon for a surprise trip at this time with the ducklings. I called off the house deal. I hurried home and then found out are moving in less than nine days (a week now). Another hurry up and pack and clean the house event. We are grateful that we have family to stay with when we pull into Texas. We have started searching for a home in Texas... long distance is hard but we are still trying. We are so grateful that NONE of the house deals finalized or Lance and I would be trying to sell/rent a Vegas home. ugh. The selling-gods hate me more than the buying-gods. So this is a blessing indeed. We are grateful to have found the Leavitt family (our neighbors across the street). They are an amazing family that helped us so much in our short time in Vegas. We have become great friends and love them and we will miss them a LOT. Chris was my sanity ~ her and I were separated at birth or something. I love her and it is going to be really hard to say goodbye to her... and her sweet rolls. :o)
We have learned to TRUST our Heavenly Father... Trust Him to know what is best for us. Lance and I were talking last night about why we had to endure Vegas... what was the purpose... I think it was to show us that our Heavenly Father knows us and knows what we need and WHEN. We need to trust Him and let Him direct our path. So now we are heading off into another adventure. I pray that this one includes a HOME ~ one where I can unpack my life and really start to LIVE again. Trust...

1 comment:

LeaAnne said...

I love ya~ There MUST be a great home for you in Texas! :)