Friday, October 30, 2009

Step 40: Subtle ~ real subtle...

I am in the middle of helping Lance do his rechartering for the ward boy scouts. If you don't know what that entails ~ it is TONS of paper, endless lists, building spreadsheets, processing applications and then getting all the fun signatures for those applications. Oh yeah, good times.
So in the middle of all this FUN I am trying to organize and plan the next couple months of cub scouts for my little den. I needed to use my hole puncher and get some loose papers filed in my folder... where is the hole puncher? My desk organizer (snickering ~ keep reading) fell off the desk a couple days ago and everything fell out. Lance helped me pick it up but now that I need the hole punch (which is stored in "organizer") it is no where to be found. I look down on the floor in my Mount I'llGetToItLater and realize that the punch must be lost in my lovely mess. So I start picking up and organizing and throwing away a TON of formerly 'valuable' crap that I just HAD to save... still no hole punch.
Lance walks in and informs me that I missed dinner and asks what I'm doing. I tell him that the Lord must want my room clean cuz I can't find the hole punch... Lance looks a wee bit confused but doesn't verbalize anything (probably for fear that I would stop the cleaning extravaganza ~ he wanted it done like months ago... sorry honey). Okay, so the Mount is gone and still no hole punch. So I start to tackle the desk and still nothing... I say a quick prayer of 'okay, I get it... real subtle... I need to keep my room clean and organized so that I can be productive.'
Voila!
In a bag of colored markers ~ there sat my hole punch.
Room and desk clean and scout papers filed.
Thanks for the 'subtle' reminder ~~~~

No comments: