Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Step 37: Are we done, yet?!?

Lance and I have been having discussions as to whether or not we are done having children. It started with him having to listen to me whine about not having a baby to snuggle with right now. I feel like there are 1 or 2 more. He (feeling his age and his eldest son being 23) feels like since we had no luck with the state adoption program should just call it good and be done.
Not so fast Mr. Stanley.
I was having HORRIBLE 'woman' problems this last year and called the GYN to make a pre-op appointment to have it all taken out and YOU (Mr. Stanley) prayed and gave me a blessing and said that I needed to wait. That my 'mission' (with my womanly parts) was not over quite yet. Hmmmm, and now... NOW you want to throw in the towel when I'm still having so much fun (dripping with sarcasm) being 100% woman!?!
Sorry, I'll simmer down now.
I'm sending out an S.O.S. For the peeps who peek at this blog... please share with me how you knew, know, think you will know, hope to know when your family is COMPLETE...
I just don't want a little spirit or two to be standing at their launching off point and yelling out to me, "You promised!" while they are being told they can't come to our family.
(a little throw back to Saturday's Warrior)

3 comments:

The Hojnackes said...

Hubby Jeff didn't want any more. He felt he could hardly handle the three we had. I felt we had one more, but finally felt it would just be too difficult due to horrible pregnancies and post partum depression. As soon as I finally came to terms with being done, I went to the temple with my brother and felt that I would be having a son. I was pretty upset by this- as I had just sold all of the baby furniture and had struggled with being done for so long before coming to terms with it. And then there was the matter of convincing my husband of this. But it ended up happening as a surprise to both of us and he was happier about it than me!
It is the hardest decision I have ever had to make, and even then it didn't seem to be mine to make. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

That is a toughie! Dustin and I are still coming to grips with this. I don’t think the desire is ever not there, we love our kids, and would love another one or two , but so far, that isn’t happening. We both wanted a big family, and have had to come to grips that my body is not going to handle a big family naturally. I wish I could give you more to go on, but I will pray that you do get your answers.

Anonymous said...

I'm struggling with this as well. Casey wants another child...I do, but I have such miserable pregnancies and my body just ain't what it used to be. Do I make the sacrifice, endure 9 months of torture or do we just call it quits? Sorry, no advice for you...I feel like there's one more but am being too selfish to act on that feeling right now.