Monday, April 12, 2010

Step 58: Really... really?!?

Our home has been listed since November and we always had looky-loos. People who wanted to come and tour our home but NO offers. To say that I was getting frustrated is a HUGE understatement. We just kept staging it, EVERYDAY. We kept including the plea, "please let our home sell so we can move on with our lives in Texas..." in EVERY prayer. We kept searching for the perfect home in the DFW area.
Month after month we continued on in the quest to sell our home.
Then, three weeks ago, Lance and I were called in and he was offered and accepted a promotion to take over the Las Vegas office. That night, our home sold. Less than two weeks later we were in VEGAS.
I brought Lance to Vegas three years ago for his birthday. We flew first class (nice seats but other than that... it's overrated), stayed in a nice hotel and took him to see the illusionist, Lance Burton. We walked all over the strip and saw the sights and ate great food and HOLY CRAP IT WAS HOT! At the end of our trip I told Lance that I would be just fine to never come to Vegas again.
Now, I am eating my words.
I would have NEVER thought that I would one day be banished to the desert. Surrounded by brown, naked, mountains and living in a home with 'desert landscaping'... aka ROCKS. Ours are white, most have red or brown rocks.
We drove to the temple last night.
Nestled about 20 miles away on the side of the mountain. It is beautiful. Lance and I are excited to have the temple so close. No longer a full day excursion to do a session at the temple. Just a short drive... that is nice.
What does Vegas hold in store for our family... who knows... but I am grateful for Lance's employment. I am grateful for our awesome children who have braved this move and endured months of living with a crazy mother who was stuck in the staging mode. I am grateful for an amazing family who came to help me pack, help us load, help us clean... helped us drive (thanks Charlie). I am missing Oregon but I'm sure I'll find my niche here in Vegas.
Sooooo, if you would have told me in November that by April I would be sitting in Vegas... I would have never believed it. Really.... really?!?

1 comment:

Megan and Greg said...

Oh my gosh. First, I'm overwhelmed imagining you having to keep your house clean constantly for that long. That sounds like utter HELL. And HOLY MOLE that is a lot of change for one night! And then 2 weeks! Holy cow! It's crazy how fast things can change! I LOVE VEGAS!!! I visited Emily (Jolley) there last fall and LOVED IT. But it wasn't the hot season yet- YIKES. That won't be fun. Well, congrats on all the recent and long awaited accomplishments. I can't wait to see what Vegas brings to you.