Thursday, March 4, 2010

Step 57: Welcome to our staged house... this isn't our home anymore....

Welcome to our staged house...
I've been 'staging' since November.
Staging involved taking down all pictures and "personal items" and packing them away. Repairing all holes that the pictures left in the walls and painting.
Hiring a contractor, plumber and a drywall guy (don't know his expensive title) to come and tear out our old master shower system and install a bigger, better and nicer system.
Having all the walls and trim painted throughout the house.
Calling our trusted Stanley Steemers to come and restore our carpets to their pre-children glory. (this is getting harder to do with each visit and the price keeps getting higher too... hmmmm)
Clean out all closets and throw out, pack away and give away tons of JUNK. (I was so tired during the throw away/give away part that I know I gave away some priceless treasure that I will discover one day as being gone forever. )
Clear out all bathroom and kitchen counters. Find new creative ways to store the knives and other items that used to sit on the counter top.
Clean, clean and oh yeah... CLEAN some more!
Tear down swing set (in November) and throw away... we'll be sold and moved before Spring so we won't need this any longer. Hmmmmmm... now what is the zoo crew supposed to do out in the wild (our backyard)? That didn't go according to plan.
Sell our vacation on wheels ~ our trailer. This still brings tears to my eyes. Our only source of family get aways and vacations is now gone. But, we couldn't have it parked here for all the "showings"... ha ha ha... sorry, okay I've composed myself. Cuz a trailer would have been the deal breaker ~ NOT!!!!
Soooo, months of cleaning and keeping the home ready to show within a half hour notice is wearing me down. I want my pictures BACK. I want to be able to keep my knife block on the counter top and not tucked away with my baked goods. (it was the only free spot for it)
I want to take a shower and not pick up my towel for ONE day and not make my bed for ONE day. I want to let my kiddos make a HUGE mess of their bedrooms with all their toys and books that have been packed away since November as well. (they do have key toys and all their Christmas toys available... no need to panic) The Tank told me tonight that he wants his dinosaurs back and he wants his Hulk coloring book too. I told him they were "packed for Texas" (ugh, I hate being eternally packed) and he said to just give them to him for a little bit. I couldn't find the box and I don't want to either. If I start unpacking then all my pics are going back up and on my wall. All my piano music comes out and then my staging days will be OVER and we'll never get moved.
So, welcome to our staged house...
this isn't OUR home anymore.

No comments: