Thursday, August 6, 2009

Step 23: Grilling with my husband can be hazardous to MY health!


Not a very good pic... but these are my instant blisters on my hand the evening we made dinner in Sunriver. I grabbed the burgers to take them inside so my griller-extraordinaire could get some dinner too. Unbeknownst to me he had the dish on the grill (partially) and then he picked it up (by the cool end) and handed it to me. I screamed and held it until he could take it back from me, didn't want to drop everyone's dinner. I ran inside and jerked my rings off (just in time ~ my hand swelled up so bad) then put my hand under cold water and mumbled some not so nice things. But, it HURT!
Lance felt so bad...
All the shining white spots on my three fingers is not glare from the flash that is all fluid filled blisters that I sported for a few days until they burst and then I had three raw fingers to keep bandaged and infection free.
This happened the evening before my race. Yeah, so I'm up until almost midnight with ice on my hand and finally just went to bed so I could get up and go racing....
(and well, we know the rest of the story)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ouchy ouchy ouchy!