Last Tuesday, a call.
Appointment the next morning at 9am.
More paperwork. (what's new?)
Fingerprint appointment... again!
And now...
WAIT!
The baby boy they called us about last December is finally being moved into a more permanent home. The caseworker came to meet Lance and I and talk about whether or not we understood "legal risk."
Ummm, yes. This isn't our first rodeo.
Now, again... we wait. He is almost sixteen months old now. The current foster mom has wanted him moved to a more permanent home since he was four months old. We have wanted him since we heard about him at nine DAYS old. The system sucks. They can't / won't move him unless it is necessary. *sigh* Now instead of transitioning an infant we will get to transition a toddler, again. Toddler transitions are NOT easy on the toddler, the old foster home or the new home. When we transitioned Tiny-T, she was seriously depressed. I'm praying this transition goes smoothly and that it happens SOONER rather than any later.
It was exciting to find out that they were still considering us as a permanent placement... we bought a crib that night. I went shopping for bedding and other things. (I've shopped before.... returning everything was hard.) I'm praying I don't have to do the mass return thing again. Let this finally happen, please!
We'll keep y'all updated. Hopefully Mr. J will be here soon.
Yep, they dangled the carrot again and we are once again chasing it...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That has got to be SO difficult for everyone. The system likes to make things harder than it needs to be. (At least that is the way it seems.) I hope it works out for you this time!
Wow! My gosh! I hope it happens! On the flip side, atleast you've been through this before with a toddler- it might not make it EASIER, but you'll be prepared! I really hope it happens!!!
Post a Comment