Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Step: 129 Ummmmm, what?

I have allergy deafness.
I can't hear.
It's been three weeks... 

My husband and children know they have to have my attention and talk loud and clear...
Well, they don't need to talk loud... just mouth the words clearly so that I can read their lips.
But the public doesn't know that, so I am constantly saying, "Ummmm, what?"  I then have to explain my problem and then stare at their mouths while they slowly talk to me.  
Church has been, fun?!?!  
A lot of mumbling at the pulpit, great organ music ~ which I can hear but no singing, and then 2 more hours of almost complete silence.  
It is eerie to sit there and see mouths moving and hear nothing.

So what is allergy deafness?  Well, some people get allergies and they are super congested and their nose runs.  Or they have a itchy nose and throat.  I go deaf.  My ears swell shut and I can hear myself really well but the rest of the world grows silent.

It first began when I moved to Texas.  Ever since then when the blossoms start to bloom ~ I go deaf for a while.  My allergy meds haven't touched this.  So I am now taking a beefed up prescription medicine so that my hearing may be restored.
I also have hives that popped out on my arms and they are slow to leave as well.  
Ugh, I'm falling apart!  Getting old(ER) sucks!  

Ummmmmm, what?!?

 

1 comment:

Megan and Greg said...

Crazy! I've never even heard of that, but it makes sense. That's so horrible! I hope it goes away! How long does it last? That's just insane!