Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Step 34: Leave the SKIN please...

Here is a final 'pit' shot the evening before the surgery. The hairs stuck up about two inches long. GROSS!!! I hated, hated, hated having to keep one hairy pit. I kept asking the nurses when someone was gonna cut it.
They didn't cut the hair off until I was gone on my happy-juice-induced-day-cation.
This is the gauze and tape loveliness ~ ugh. No pain from the incision just from tape.


2pm 9/30/09 ~ 48 hours post op.
My arms first time to breathe.
Lots bigger than I thought it would be.
My sweat tract was more infected then expected... so he opened me up more.

Three hours later. All those orange-ish marks... that would be where my skin isn't. Now that I'm beginning to scab over the missing skin spots are showing up ~ loveliness. They are so sore. I have a latex allergy and they used the allergy-friendly tape... imagine if they used the regular stuff?!?!?
Off to heal...

1 comment:

LeaAnne said...

:) lol Lilly was sitting on my lap when the pictures came up.. she said, " Oh no what happened, don't make me look!! " Looks fierce friend! I love ya and hope it is quick recovery!