Thursday, September 24, 2009

Step 32: Judge not ~ lest ye be judged

Back story here.
Now that you are all 'caught up'.
I've chosen to say a few more words on this subject.
(dragging my soap box into place ~ one moment please...)
Okay, ahem...

I have NEVER been little. I was born 10 lbs. 2 oz. 23 1/2 inches long. I know...
I have always been the chubby girl or fat woman. I don't know what it is like to wear "normal" sized clothes/shoes. I have been a Sasquatch since a very young age. Tall, HUGE feet (I wear a 14 in MENS... that would be a 16 in women but they don't make them) and plus sized.
I have heard every phrase there is... I've been offered books, protein shakes, diet plans and even ventured to an over eaters anonymous meeting with my mom. (that is a WHOLE separate post ~ and I know my mom is laughing right now) I've done diet plans, food plans, exercise routines, swimming, videos/DVD's. I have tried people. I'm not just sitting around stuffing bon-bons into my mouth. In fact, I have NEVER had a bon-bon in my whole life!

I don't need you to tell me how big I am. I'm not blind or in denial. I KNOW!!! I don't need you offering me more shakes/books/business cards for trainers. I like the personal trainer idea... I just don't have the cash flow to make something like that a reality.

Everyone has their "thing". Their major flaw that they secretly wish they could change every day. Mine just happens to be VERY obvious to everyone. Mine doesn't get to be secret. So before you assume that I am lazy or that I am eating 24/7 (soooooo not true) or that I don't care about how I look... remember your 'secret' flaw. Remember how much you wish it could be changed.... now imagine your FLAW on a billboard with flashing neon lights, there for all to see and judge.

This journey is hard enough with me being tough on myself. I seriously don't need it from others. Let's just all work on ourselves ~ judge not...

2 comments:

LeaAnne said...

I love you.

Karen K. said...

Bless you. Well said. Very well said.

One comment I get tired of is when I mention my fear of gaining weight (because I AM gaining) and someone says "YOU'RE not FAT! YOU don't need to worry!" Hello. Please be quiet. I want to say "You don't know. You don't know the journey that's taken me to where I am. You don't know my 'issues.' " But I don't. I smile and I shut up. ;) They don't know that the me I see in the mirror is still the one from 70 pounds heavier, and hoping not to go back there. Sad, but true.

Our society is cruel when it comes to size and weight. You are beautiful, Stephanie. I see you all the time. I admire you. And I love your blog. Look at me, I'm still reading!!! Just a scrollin' on down.

Oh, and I've never had a bon bon either!!!