
I'm not a world traveler. But, I have flown a few times. I'm not a huge fan of flying. I flew home from college, to and from Pennsylvania, to and from my mission in Connecticut, to and from our honeymoon and a weekend getaway with my honey. Now, I think that the airlines have built seats that are comfy for your average CHILD! They are too narrow and if you are taller than 5'6" then you are out of luck. There is NO leg room and then they allow the passengers to RECLINE... aaaaahhhhhh.
On the news this morning I saw a story on FATFLIERS! Okay, we'll just call it that. They called it 'Seatmates of Size'. Basically the airlines are charging FAT people for an extra seat. I'm not opposed to letting all passengers be comfortable on their flights. If you take up more space then allow extra space for you. It is more comfortable for the seatmates and for the large passenger. My protest comes on how the airlines will now escort the FAT FLIERS off the plane. Ummmmm, total humiliation is going to help no one. Now, how are they going to enforce this rule PRIOR to boarding. A 6' tall 300 lb. passenger is NOT the same as a 5' tall 300 lb. passenger. Does this make sense? They can't just pick a number and say, okay well you hit the magic number so now fork over for an extra seat. Yet, if 5' tall 300 lb. boards and can't stay in their 'space', then at the discretion of our ALWAYS POLITE NEVER RUDE AIRLINE STEWARDESS to ask them to leave the plane?!? Oh, Hawaii is so not happening for a while. Then I will be screening which airport we will be leaving from... have you seen the X-ray screening? Oh, going to Hawaii on a boat is sounding so much better.
Better stock up on my Dramamine.

2 comments:
Awesome blog!!! I'm proud of you. I heard about the plane thing too. Nice. But you are funny!
What a great blog! Hawaii is a wonderful thing to have a s a goal. I hear it is just beautiful!
Post a Comment