Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Step Eight: "Think it will work? It'll take a miracle..."


Okay, bonus points for anyone who can tell me which movie this comes from...
come on you all know it! (the title line)


So, I was reading through some articles in this month's Ensign (our church publication) and a quote jumped out off the page and hit me right between the eyes:


"Do not pray for tasks equal to your abilities, but pray for abilities equal to your tasks. Then the performance of your tasks will be no miracle, but you will be the miracle."

~President Thomas S. Monson , General Relief Society Mtg - Sept. 2007


I think it is okay... no essential, for me to include my 'journey' in my prayers. I want to have the ability to make my first goal, PC5K in June and to ultimately make my goal of health and Hawaii. I need to hit that track hard and BE THE MIRACLE of this journey...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

okay, this quote the first one is from the princes's bride which is my fave movie ever.

thre second, is a quote I hadn't heard beofre, and I am glad you shared it.

I think that it is wonderful that you are including your journey in your prayers. How wonderful that you can pray for guidence and sopport?

Stephanie said...

Good job Elise. I also LOVE this movie...