- Tony Robbins
This is my theme or mantra for 2015.
I lost 85 pounds over eighteen months ago and I have kept it off! Yay! Victory! I then broke my foot and then tore my right meniscus. THAT is why having kept it off is such a victory! I have been in recovery mode since June 2013. My foot is great! My meniscus... not so much. It needs surgery but my Lancings is getting another set of new hips and so all of our surgery focus and our money is heading that direction. But, although I need surgery, I know that I can HELP my knee along by dropping some more weight because I have a TON to lose. (yep, pun intended)
So now what? I am back to drinking an insane amount of water because trust me folks...THAT was a secret ingredient for my previous loss. Drinking water throughout my day literally melted the fat off of me. Of course along with drinking water I also eliminated soda and ate nothing after 8pm. I made better food choices and regulated my portions. These worked great for me... except for hunger tugs at 8:15pm (a couple times) I generally breezed through this part.
HERE IS THE HARD PART: exercise.
I am the worst!
*Walking is great... but with my tore up knee, I'm in pain a lot of the time.
*I used to be a dedicated and avid water aerobics participant... but we moved and our little town has no public pool. The closest pools are quite the drive and the "out of district" expense is too high for our budget.
*Stationery bike... I used this to lose the 85 lbs. The bike did not make the recent move with us. My back was having issues with trying to keep the pedals under my feet. (pedals only on a base type of set up). It would slide away from me on our wood floors and my back just couldn't handle that strain any longer.
*So here is my goal... I am going to begin the exercise torture once again. Since I have been out of the loop for a while now, I am going to start with completing 15 minutes of good heart pumping sweat producing exercise every day. (Sunday is my day off.) Once that becomes easier I will be adding five additional minutes. I am hoping to be built up to a half hour within four weeks.
What am I expecting?
HEALTH!
I need to keep shedding pounds (obviously) and I want to relieve the pressure on my knee. I'm hoping that lightening the load will help my knee to heal.
I would like to be an active momma. I haven't swam with my crew since they were babies. I shouldn't and wouldn't have been in a swimsuit and swimming then but we had four babies 3 years old and younger and my husband only has two arms. So we tagged team the four of them. I love swimming, jet skiing, and would love to go white water rafting. But I won't attempt the rafting until I can pull my self back into the boat (if I were to fall out).
I want to participate in the annual Sunriver Pacific Crest weekend. Lance's family reunion revolves around RACES. Most of the family participates in triathlons, marathons, 5K, 10K, and even the littles have a tri race. I sit and cheer everyone on year after year... I think it's time to have them cheer for me!
I'm not doing GAME ON officially but I am with myself!
GAME ON!!!!

1 comment:
Stephanie, I fully support you in your journey to health! You are amazing and I know you can do it.
Post a Comment