Sunday, March 4, 2012

Step 126: There's No Place Like Home... (click, click, click)

So I have been 'clicking' my ruby slippers for two years now and finally figured out they needed a major overhaul in order to get them back in proper working condition. About two weeks ago Lance came home with them and I clicked them three times and BAM! They are working great!

Really, Lance came home and said that we have been given the green light to finally return to Oregon. (with a few provisions... of course)

WE are so excited!

A lot of things need to fall into place for this to come to fruition and so the praying, repairing, praying, landscaping, praying, realtor shopping is in full swing. Our home is the HUGE hurdle we need to clear. Once the home part is worked out then everything else will be 'cake'.

I have had so many emotions. We need a miracle and are we really allowed to ask for such a thing from our Heavenly Father? I know he loves us and wants the best for our family... but are we allowed to go to Him and say, "Please send one monster miracle to us. Thank you." I then think, why would He dangle this HUGE carrot in front of us if it wasn't to be?!?

So all the praying, repairing, staging and packing will continue with an eye to the future and we just have to trust our Heavenly Father that he will provide the miracle we need for our journey to Oregon.

So.... our journey takes us home. Back to the majority of our family and all of my friends.

There truly is NO PLACE LIKE HOME!

2 comments:

Sally F said...

Congrats!! So excited for you!

I don't know your situation exactly, but for us, the value had gone down enough that we weren't able to sell our Texas home when we had to move. We've been able to rent it out for almost three years now, and although it has been stressful at times, and we still wonder how we'll eventually get out of it, it has been an okay option.

Good luck with everything!!

Megan and Greg said...

Holy smokes! That's amazing! I am SOOOO happy for you! I hope it comes quick!