So I watched that stinkin' show again.
Extreme Makeover: Weightloss Edition
Today was a show that I thought went more true with reality. The man was unable to drop the huge volumes of weight this skinny Chris dude was demanding. He didn't get all the rewards... unlike past clients. He didn't get the skin removal surgery... (during the show) ~ maybe he was offered it by production post-finale. Who knows.... anywho... this man's journey was the first one to HIT me.
I found myself asking throughout the hour...how? How do I start this? How do I get on the track again? How do I do this alone? I can't afford super-size equipment. I don't have the funds or the access to a personal trainer. I honestly, don't know how to do this. I'm not dumb... I know I'm HUGE. I know that I'm a freak show. I just don't know how to do this... I feel like I've gone so far past being big that now I've crippled myself from being able to help myself. Does that make sense? I don't know...
Sunriver is only a couple weeks away and every year I go with the Stanley's and make some stupid PLAN to be in the next race and then the next race year comes and I still can't do it. I feel like a failure. I'm failing my family, my children, my husband and myself.
How?
Countdown: 2 super hot/humid days

1 comment:
My heart breaks for you as I read this. I don't claim to know exactly how you feel, but I DO understand.
I wish I had a good answer for you, or a way to poof it all better....
Chin up - you're an amazing wife and mother and friend...and...YAY, you're on your way to the PNW!!!
Post a Comment