Monday, May 30, 2011

Step 104: Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition

New show hit the airwaves tonight.

Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition

No Ty Pennington just a wee lil guy named Chris.


Okay, verdict: HATED IT!

Let me explain.

Who gets 4-5 hours of "free" time every day to devote to working out? This is NOT reality, although the show is billed as a reality tv show.

Who gets amazing trips, adventures and flippin' cosmetic surgery for reaching (or NOT reaching) your weight loss goals? (which were set way the flip too high, by the way)

Now show me Miss 22 year old Homecoming Queen at a year out from Chris being there to monitor food and monitor workouts and give away these fabulous things...


I know, I know... I just sound like a bitter old jealous wench.


THIS IS NOT REALITY!!!!


No one comes and transforms your life so it is almost fool-proofed set up to achieve the network's, yeah I said NETWORK'S, goal.

Their goal: To have an amazing~jaw~dropping~inspirational~reveal... so that the inspired legions will return the following week to watch yet another hand picked obese person become the beauty queen or stud.


Well, Mr. Network Executive of ABC...

this person will not be returning to your "Biggest Loser Wannabe" show...

better luck next time.

1 comment:

Megan and Greg said...

You make me laugh. You know what I like about you Stephanie? You say things. So many people in this life don't say things and I'm glad that you do. 20 yr reunion? Crazy. I wish I could've blown the pic up bigger to see you better. I didn't go to my 10 yr for similar reasons. I wasn't sure anyone would know who I was. And I was 8 months pregnant and incredibly swollen. Not the way I wanted to present myself. I remember bobby pinning my cap on too. Oh yes, and I can't believe you wonder if you've wasted time and have nothing to show? Are you CRAZY!!!!! You are married to a guy you are still crazy about and you've adopted 3 wonderful kids that you love. (3, right?) You are a really good Mom. I've never even SEEN you with your kids, but I know who you are and I can tell by the things that you say, that you are a really good MOm. That means a lot. Not many people can say THAT.