She is eight going on sixteen.
We are deep in the trenches of 'whatever's accompanied with eye rolls, huffing, stomping feet, whining ... oh we are there.
(did I mention the whining... ohhhhhhh man the whining)
I remember being there,
about a thousand years ago,
but I was there.
I also remember my mom calling me out to the living room after one of our 'battles' and asking me,
"Can we still be friends?"
A few times I do remember saying, "NO!" and stomping back off to my room to sulk as a lovely pre-teen can do. Then I also remember a few times where I quietly, through raging hormonal imbalanced tears said, "Okay".
My Fan-C is soooooooo there.
She is sure that the world (comprising of her little broski and little sister) is out to 'destroy' her. There are times that they just look her direction and BOOM she is blowing gaskets.
I just keep taking deep cleansing breathes and reminding myself that my mom and I made it through these trenches once and Fan-C and I will make it too.
This picture is Fan-C and I on the Polar Express. One of those glimmering shiny moments when she WANTED to be around me.
I cherish these moments.
I know that there will come a day (10 - 15 years from now) that we will have these cherished moments all the time again. A time where I DO know a few things and she is in a place where she is willing to listen again.
It reminds me of a song, "just hold on... the light will come."
I'm holding on...


3 comments:
This was just too funny of a read. I was definitely there too. So funny. Glad you're keeping perspective. Probably not always easy. Cute pic.
very well said. One thing that won't change is she will have you no matter what. It will become an invaluable thing for her as she gets older. Remember the saying this too shall pass....
Love to you Mom ;) You will both survive I am sure, just don't say "I Hate You TOO~" I am always afraid I will say that. Thanks heavens no one has said it to me yet! lol Love ya! BTW.. How was the trip really??
Post a Comment