Hello y'all!
I am, in fact, still living. I have just been neglecting my blogging duties. I'm telling you that this whole camera/computer attitude crud is just throwing me off. I like to blog with pictures. But alas... I'm back.
.
Lance and I are preparing for a trip.
This is my trial run of flying OVER WATER.
Yikes!
I'm a wee bit freaked out!
'Trial' is added since the flight is only two hours vs. over six hours of flying over the ocean to get to Hawaii.
Lance is still trying to convince me of this... but I'm just seeing flashes of Mr. T needing to be drugged to fly (from the A-Team tv show ~ old school).
.
We are flying to a resort in Mexico with Lance's family.
(broskis/wives/parents)
A few days of warm beaches and one-on-one time with my Mr. Lancings sounds wonderful... it's just all the blasted flying that I dislike.
.
So I come to you ~
the one person who MIGHT check back here and see that I have come out of early retirement and posted once again ~
how do you fly 'calm'?
What tricks do you use to keep yourself focused during landing and take-off (hate those the most) and if/when you have flown over open bodies of water, how do you not freak out seeing nothing but whale infested water?!?
Oh, I'm having heart palpitations just typing these questions!!!
I need some tricks, good drugs, meditation pointers, chocolate/Rt.44 coke w/lime (blasted TSA won't let my Sonic though security ~~~ THAT would soooooo do the trick!).

4 comments:
I have flown many times, but it is still always a bit nerve racking during takeoff and landing. I always pray that it will be a safe one just before each. You could bring a book to read during the flight. And some snacks are always good. They don't have any good food on planes, so bring your own!!
Wow, I've never been afraid of flying. I used to LOVE to fly. Now I just think it's boring. Since they don't give you water or snacks- BRING SOME. They might help your panic attacks and fidgety jitters. Bring an IPOD. Just blast the music and close your eyes. That might help too. I don't know. Seriously, I think it's pretty fascinating to watch everything outside get really small! Just pray really hard- I'm sure you already are. Good luck!
You ask your Dr. for a Rx of Valium....he'll probably do it if you explain how seriously afraid you are. People take Valium before flights all the time. Second...you DON'T sit by the window....bring a good book and some music....distractions, distractions, distractions!! Lastly....you pray... a LOT!!
Love, love, love you!!!
Steph2
cashews work. They have a natural calming effect. You could get some after you pass security or eat some before you board. If you get a chance, find a place that serves hot teas. This helps, especially chamomile. I don't know how you feel about starbucks, but I know they carry a decaf tea blend (chamomile,) or even just hot water with lemon and honey) It's my secret weapon for travel. We must have inherited the same fear of flying genes. It will be worth it though. A beautiful beach getaway sounds fantastic. I know you will have fun!
Post a Comment