Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Step 15: Breathing is always beneficial


4700 feet above sea level!
Okay, I'm a valley girl. I don't LIKE mean LIKE a Californian Valley Girl that LIKE talks in such a TOTALLY AWESOME way. I live in the great green Willamette Valley. We are a sea level living people (or pretty darn close to it). I just read that Sunriver Oregon is 4700 ft above my "normal" breathing level. Hmmmmm, thin air = chest feeling like it's gonna explode. K, I'm nervous. I'm trying to determine if I need to rent an oxygen tank to strap on to my back. I'm sure that would freak out the race officials to see this large woman with an oxygen tank strapped on approaching the starting line. Hee hee...
So with only ELEVEN days left until race day I'm starting to get antsy and wondering if I made a mistake in trying to be a part of this Team Stanley experience. Oh man... I just don't wanna pass out due to THIN AIR and I don't wanna take HOURS to finish 3.2 miles (5K) either.
For the two people who actually might read this blog... send me some motivation... I need it!!!!
THANKS!

1 comment:

Mrs Smith said...

I read your blog. I'm sure you'll do great. Maybe you won't even notice the differnce in the air? Good luck to you!