Monday, August 1, 2011

Step 116: Stuck in the armpit of America

I am lonely.

I feel forgotten.

I feel totally detached.

Life at home, goes on.

I expect it to.

I just wish I too could be living in that life.

I don't want this life.

Stuck in the armpit of America.

Hot, humid, hot, bug infested, hot...

Lived in Texas a year this month and still no friends.

I'm talking ~ NONE.

No money to sign kids up for sports and activities, so they don't have a social life either.

This isn't a life... we are just existing.

2 comments:

The Hojnackes said...

I understand how hard it is. I miss my friends. It is hard starting anew. I think it took me 6 or 7 years to make friends in Oregon. Guess I've got 5 or 6 more to go before I've got them here. :( Hang in there. You aren't alone- even if you feel like you are.

Megan and Greg said...

Oh Stephanie, I'm sorry. It's hard to make friends. You should host and Girl's Night. Everyone meet for dinner or movie or a night in at your place. It seems it always takes me around a year to finally feel like I have some friends. Or a play date somewhere, where everyone brings the kiddos. I'm sorry. Keep trying. You're the best. I'm your friend!